Big Toe Joint (Hallux Limitus)
- It acts as a shock absorber for the cartilage in between the joint
- It protects against wear and tear of the cartilage by keeping the bones slightly apart
- It provides lubrication to the joint
- It is a filter that allows in nutrients but blocks out anything harmful
When a person has osteoarthritis of the big toe joint the synovium is broken down faster than it is re-produced, it therefore stops working. Ostenil injections aim to replace the lost synovium and therefore improve pain, inflammation and movement.
- Decrease in pain
- Improvement in joint mobility
- Freedom from osteoarthritis
- Decrease in inflammation
- Quick and simple procedure
- Results may last for several months
At My Foot Doctor our podiatrist offers a wide variety of treatments to deal with joint pain. If your condition is not listed on our website, or you would like further information or like to discuss any treatment, please contact Our Podiatrist on: 01698 267389, or you can text questions on; 07985 687 770.
Evening, weekend, same day emergency appointments available at my foot doctor.